Our famous stroopwafel cake recipe
Did you know?
You can use fresh stroopwafels to make delicious cakes/shortbreads yourself?
That a Stroopwafel cake is not that hard to make and that everybody loves it?
That you can really impress your friends and family with Thanksgiving or Christmas to bring this as your original lovely dessert?
Try our famous stroopwafel cake recipe! This is a simple step-by-step stroopwafel cake recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz wheat flour
- 6 oz white sugar
- 6 oz butter (or margarine, at room temperature)
- 1 tea spoon baking soda
- 1,5 teaspoon cinnamonpinch of salt
- Package of 8 Stroopclub Stroopwafels
- 1 organic lemon
ANd the instructions (you can do it!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your cake mold thoroughly
- Mix the sugar and butter approx. 10 minutes till fluffy and white
- Mix the eggs through the butter-sugar one by one, only add the next egg when the previous is fully absorbed
- Now add a pinch of salt and the cinnamon
- Mix baking soda with flour and sift to add to the batter, carefully scoop through the batter
- Add lemon zest of one organic lemon and 4 table spoons of it's juice
- Break 4 fresh stroopwafels in little pieces and scoop through the dough carefully.
- Pour the cake dough into a cake mold.
- Break 1 or 2 stroopwafels in bigger pieces and put them on top to decorate it.
- Now put your cake in the oven and bake for at least 50 minutes
You can check if it's ready with sticking a thin skewer (if you can't find any, a toothpick will do the trick!) in the middle of the cake. If the stick comes out clean, the stroopwafel cake is ready.
Let it cool about 15 minutes before taking it out of it's mold. Serve it in slices with lemon icing, vanilla or cinnamon ice cream or just whipped cream with little pieces of Stroopwafels as decoration.